This interview is a special treat because I have known and been dear friends with this talented & kind lady since I’m 5 years old! Her musical/vocal skill is much to envy! We had a blast last week laughing over fun memories at my house for this interview and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
1. Where are you from?
2. What is your occupation?
Singer and musician
3. What effort in your profession are you most proud of?
My original songs and arrangements recorded by my choir at the school I work at
4. If you could, what would you change about the city you live in?
Everything lol… traffic, housing/apartment prices, and attitudes
5. What was the strangest thing that happened to you while commuting or traveling?
It was with you actually, on our way to San Francisco, CA back in 2007 where we had to deplane at JFK, wait a couple of hours. Then we boarded again and sadly only made it as far as Cincinnati, OH because of storms out West. You, me and our new plane friend, Katie had to sleep at the airport due to all hotel rooms being sold out! Then we boarded another plane at 7am – we had laughs but boy it was tough and a bit scary!
6. Of all the famous people you’ve met, who’s your most treasured?
Hmm… a few come to mind. Matthew Broderick when he was acting in the Producers. Eddie Money at his show. Steven Schwartz, composer of Wicked, etc. And a pseudo famous dancer, Elena Grinenko from Dancing with the Stars I got to know through a friend
7. If you could commit a crime and not get caught, what would it be?
Be a stowaway on Alicia Key’s yacht if she has one
8. Do you cook? If so, are you ‘Chopped’ worthy or ‘Worst Cooks’ material?
I don’t and definitely worst cooks!
9. What quote do you live by?
“A heart is not measured by how much you love but by how much you are loved by others.” The Wizard of Oz
10. What do you most admire about your creative process?
Hearing all the melodies and harmonies in my head come to life in my recordings.
11. Black, brown, red or blonde haired hottie?
12. What award would you love to win?
An award for writing songs that ‘Touch the Soul’
13. Favorite dessert?
Friendly’s Watermelon Roll!
14. What do you dislike about your profession?
Low pay… lugging equipment… several gigs in one day/night
15. Do you play a music instrument or would like to learn to play?
Piano, drums, guitar, and sax very well aside from being a classically trained vocalist. I would like to learn to play the auto harp and chromatic harmonica
16. Favorite concert to date?
A few stand out. Billy Joel, Van Halen – Living Color (opening act), and Duran Duran – Thompson Twins (opening act)
17. If you could have a dinner date with anyone dead or alive who would it be?
18. Biggest pet peeve?
Having too many bookings to choose from and not having a total free day to myself
19. What’s your latest plug / project / promotion?
My two CD’s – Stages and Christmas Bouquet. You can order from me or at Sip This in Valley Stream, NY.
20. What is the last question you would like me to ask you? Or want to ask me one?
I have one for both of us. List three-two word phrases that best sum up your life
- Precious gift
- Various melodies
- Meaningful insight
Cool question! Hmm… a quote and an album title come to mind.
- Knowledge speaks
- Wisdom listens
- Secret samadhi
Heart felt thanks to Christine for sharing her insights with us! Please follow this lovely singer/musician below and buy her music & see her perform at Sip This monthly among other shows throughout the NY area: